Let us help you to know your home better…
A home is more than the sum of its parts. It’s the place in which you dream and live your life. It’s where you spend quality time with family and friends. It’s your nest-egg, your retirement, your legacy to your children. As such, purchasing a home is as much an emotional investment as a financial one.
Your pocket book may dictate how much home you can afford to buy, but your heart will make the final decision. Just like love, when you find “The Right One”, you just know it.
Because the decision is primarily emotional, you may be blinded to the parts of the home that are not performing. Missed problems can swiftly turn your dream home into a nightmare. A professional home inspection will enable you to learn a great deal about the ins and outs of a particular home, answer some very important questions, and help give you peace of mind.
What is a home inspection?
A home inspection is a thorough, in-depth visual examination of the structural and operating components of a home. We identify:
- Potential fire hazards
- Health and safety risks
- Defects – items that are not functioning properly
- Materials and overall condition of the home
We will provide you with knowledge of your new home and an understanding of its components and systems. In addition, we provide home maintenance tips and information to help protect your investment.
What do you inspect?
We thoroughly inspect your new home… from top to bottom, inside and out. Here are some of the items we check.
- Roof, chimney, flashing, valleys looking for evidence of water penetration
- Siding, trim, windows & storms
- Landscaping – its effect on the foundation
- Gutters, downspouts
- Driveways, patios, decks, porches
- Air conditioner compressor
- Walls, floors, ceiling, windows
- Attic – Visible roof sheathing, ventilation, insulation and framing.
- Basement – foundation soundness and evidence of moisture penetration.
- Heating systems – visual portion of heating plant and components.
- Plumbing systems – all visible fixtures, pipes, and drains tested for operation and leaks.
- Electrical system – Outside entrance wiring, service panel, visible wiring and random testing of outlets.
Here are some examples of issues I have found:
Why is a home inspection important?
Because the decision to buy a particular home is primarily emotional, you may be blinded to the parts of the home that are not performing. Missed problems can swiftly turn your dream home into a nightmare. A professional home inspection will enable you to learn a great deal about the ins and outs of the home so that you can make an informed decision and ultimately a sound investment.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a home inspection ranges from $250 to $400 depending on the size of the home.
|Size of Home||Price|
|Less than 1000 sq ft||$300|
|1000 to 1500 sq ft||$325|
|1500 to 2000 sq ft||$350|
|2000 to 2500 sq ft||$375|
|Over 2500 sq ft||Contact Me|
|Radon Inspection ala carte||$150|
|Radon Inspection with home inspection||$100|
How long will it take?
A professional home inspection typically takes 3 hours depending on the size of the house. At the end of the inspection, you will receive a detailed easy to read report.
What types of properties do you inspect?
- Single Family Homes
- Two-Family homes
- Multi-family apartment buildings
- Mixed Use buildings (residential and commercial combined)